Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions outline the responsibilities of the customer when hiring The Skip Guy services.
1. Payment at the time of delivery is a requirement
Payments will only be accepted in cash, or by credit card. (No cheques will be accepted.)
The terms of skip hire are the responsibility of the customer that hires the skip bin. It is the customer’s duty to both read and understand these conditions before undertaking the hire of a skip bin. Skip bins that need to be placed on roadways and council nature strips will need to obtain a permit from the appropriate council. The Skip Guy has public liability insurance totalling $20 million and is registered with most Melbourne councils in the Eastern Suburbs. This allows us to acquire the appropriate permit. It is preferred that skip bins be placed on the customer’s property to prevent any excess expense and time delays for your skip bin hire.
2. The hiring time of all skip bins will be agreed upon when making your booking.
3 days is the normal limit for a skip bin hire. This can be extended to meet customer needs under certain circumstances. Should a skip bin be not ready for pick up on the agreed date, an additional delivery/missed delivery charge of $50 is payable.
3. Skip bins cannot be overloaded.
VIC Roads has specific laws relating to transportation. As a result, waste cannot go over the rim of the skip bin. The Skip Guy must ensure the load is in accordance with all state laws and secure for transportation. If the skip bin is considered unsafe to transport, the removal of excess waste will be necessary. The removal of excess waste is the responsibility of the customer, not the driver. Should the customer not be present at the time of pick up, any excess waste will be left on the customer’s property prior to removal of the skip bin.
4. Skip bins must only be filled with waste agreed upon at the time of booking.
Additional fees are applicable if waste does not meet the agreed-upon waste materials. Acceptance of the waste type occurs at the time of booking. By providing payment details to The Skip Guy on acceptance of the quote, and agreeing to the waste type, consent to any further charges is implied should the waste type agreed upon is not followed.
If an additional price cannot be agreed upon, the skip bin will be subsequently emptied back onto the customer’s property. All payments made will not be refunded due to failure to follow the accepted quote of items at booking of the skip bin.
5. Additional Fees means any additional Fees charged or chargeable to You because:
- the type of Waste collected is of a different classification to the type of Waste stated in the accepted quote or the waste is contaminated.
- the relevant collection date specified in the accepted quote is extended by you.
- the skip collection and waste disposal costs including excess fees charged by the waste disposal facility you have disposed of exceeding the agreed-upon quoted weight and waste type.
- any other fees, cancellation extra expenses or charges incurred by The Skip Guy in disposing of the Skip or waste due to your failure to comply with the agreement.
6. Additional fees are payable for skip bins requiring permits to be acquired to leave a skip bin on some sites.
An example of this situation would be if a skip bin is to be placed on a road or nature strip. In this case, permit fees do not go to The Skip Guy. They are to be paid by the relevant council issuing the permit. These permits can be obtained by The Skip Guy. Fees will also vary depending on the individual council. Additional time is needed to be able to apply for a permit, therefore late bookings on a Friday will not be able to gain a permit and will need to wait till the following business day for a permit to be obtained from the relevant council.
7. Payment Agreement
You now pay The Skip Guy any fees payable upon your acceptance of the accepted quote. You will further irrevocably and unconditionally authorise The Skip Guy to charge your credit card for those fees and any additional fees which may subsequently become payable in accordance with the accepted quote and this agreement.
When The Skip Guy charges your credit card for the fees, you also irrevocably and unconditionally authorise The Skip Guy to charge any additional fees as a separate transaction.
If your payment of fees is not received or is rejected on or after the date of your Accepted Quote this Agreement will terminate immediately.
8. You agree to pay The Skip Guy:
- Interest on all outstanding fees and charges at a rate of 9% per annum.
- You agree that such interest is a genuine pre-estimate of The Skip Guy’s damages. Payments received will be credited firstly against any accrued but unpaid interest.
- The Skip Guy’s costs of recovering or attempting to recover from You outstanding Fees and charges, including any mercantile agent’s costs, and legal costs on a full indemnity basis.
- The Skip Guy shall be entitled to list Your payment default/s with the Credit Reference Association of Australia or other relevant credit reference organisations which You acknowledge may affect Your credit rating.