The following policy outlines how we collect, store, use and disclose your personal information. This also establishes your rights in relation to personal information collected from any visitors (“you” or “your”) to this website, mobile Apps or social media sites.
1. What information will The Skip Guy collect?
Certain personal information may be a requirement for The Skip Guy as we provide our products or hiring services. When filling out enquiry or purchase related forms, you may be asked to enter your:
- Contact details – your name, date of birth, age, your address and/or a billing or delivery address, phone number and email, whether personal or for work.
- Financial information – payment details, bank account /credit card details.
- Preferences for products – product delivery/collection and/or information services and subscriptions.
2. What do we use your information for?
The Skip Guy collect personal information from our customers, officers, employees, contractors, consultants, service providers, and other individuals that is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or services.
These individuals may include conduct officers, employees, contractors, consultants and service providers. Another function of this process is to conduct product and market research related activities for the purpose of conducting our business and providing our products and services.
We may collect personal information that allows us to:
- Personalise your experience and respond to your individual needs
- Improve customer service so that we can respond to customer service requests and more efficiently support any needs
- Process and/or manage an enquiry or purchase
- Respond to requests and customise future orders/communication
- Provide order/delivery details and information to employees or other companies that work on our behalf in order to provide our products and services.
- Improve or develop existing and new products and services.
- Request feedback from you in order to improve our products and services.
- Improve our product offerings and customer service, to personalise the website for your shopping experience and to let you know of any new offers or discounts.
- Promote and advertise our products and services to you and advise you of additional products or services which may be of interest to you. Our promotion and advertising may include emails, SMS or text messages.
- Communicate with you regarding changes to The Skip Guy website or any of our products and services.
- Provide support services to you and maintain and update our business infrastructure and systems.
3. How is information collected?
The Skip Guy collects information when you use our website or communicate with us, whether by telephone, email, social media or text message. This includes information you provide when hiring our services or placing an enquiry on our website.
The Skip Guy also collects information about your internet usage including the products and services that are of interest to you, other websites that you access or connect with from our website and your internet protocol (IP) address.
To effectively process, analyse and report aggregate data about website visitor usage, we use trusted tracking codes, software and /or services such as:
- A ‘cookie’ is a small text file that is transferred to the hard drive of a website visitor and keeps track of the information you provide for the purpose of storing information about a user’s identity, browser type or website visiting patterns.
- The information generally collected through cookies relates to a device used to access online content, such as an IP address or location data about the device. Cookies may also collect information about the behaviours of the user of the device, such as the websites visited by the user and their activity on the website.
- A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF that may be generated by our website or originate from a third party site to track visitor activities. Web beacons can be very small and invisible to the user, but, in general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page or e-mail, including HTML based content, can act as a web beacon.
- We may use web beacons to count visitors to the web pages on the web site or to monitor how our users navigate the web site, and we may also include web beacons in e-mail messages in order to count how many messages sent were opened, acted upon or forwarded
- Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies” which are text files placed on your computer to help the website analyse how users use the site. We process your data based on our prevailing legitimate interest to cost efficiently generate easy-to-use website statistics.
- The information generated by cookies about your use of our website (including your IP address and the ULRs of the pages accessed on our website) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. We do not store any of your personal data collected in connection with Google Analytics.
- Our website uses an IP anonymization feature provided by Google Analytics. Your IP address will therefore be truncated/anonymized by Google as soon as it receives it. On our behalf, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling synthesis reports on website activity for website operators and providing us with services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google will not associate your IP address transmitted by your browser with any other data held by Google.
- You can also opt out of the collection of your data by Google Analytics on our website by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-On. To find out more and/or download and install the browser Add-On please visit the following link Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-On .
Google Ads Conversion Tracking
This website uses Google Ad, an online advertising program from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States (“Google”).
- As part of Google Ads, we use so-called conversion tracking. When you click on an ad served by Google, a conversion tracking cookie is set. Cookies are small text files that your internet browser stores on your computer. These cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification of the user. Should the user visit certain pages of the website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the website can tell that the user clicked on the ad and proceeded to that page.
- Each Google Ads advertiser has a different cookie. Thus, cookies cannot be tracked using the website of an Ads advertiser. The information obtained using the conversion cookie is used to create conversion statistics for the Ads advertisers who have opted for conversion tracking. Customers are told the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a conversion tracking tag page. However, advertisers do not obtain any information that can be used to personally identify users.
- If you do not want to participate in tracking, you can opt-out of this by easily disabling the Google Conversion Tracking cookie by changing your browser settings. In doing so, you will not be included in the conversion tracking statistics.
- Conversion cookies are stored based on Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO. The website operator has a legitimate interest in analysing user behaviour to optimize both its website and its advertising.
4. How do we store and protect your Personal information?
The Skip Guy take all reasonable steps to protect and store your personal information in a secure fashion. It is ultimately in our best interests to ensure that you feel confident while browsing our site and hiring our services.
- We only allow authorised employees and contractors that manage our website to have access to our customers’ personal information. Their access is subject to strict controls, procedures and are bound by signed confidentiality agreements.
- Our website uses a security measure called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL locks all your critical information in an encrypted envelope, making it extremely difficult for this information to be intercepted. Our SSL technology is the industry standard in Internet security.
- No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users’ personal information, The Skip Guy cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once The Skip Guy receive your transmission, we make every reasonable effort to ensure its security on our systems.
- The Skip Guy retain the information you provide to us including your contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes.
- We store electronic information on our own systems and through third party data storage providers. Our third-party storage providers, including any overseas storage providers, are required to protect personal information against unauthorised access or misuse. Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
5. Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- We will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
6. Your Consent
8. Who can you contact regarding a privacy complaint?
9. How can you access or update your Personal information?
You are entitled to access the Personal Information that The Skip Guy holds about you and how we manage your personal information if you request so. When you request access to your Personal Information, we will grant your request unless providing you with access would unreasonably impact upon the privacy of others or is not otherwise permitted under the Australian Privacy Principles or at law. If we refuse your request to access your Personal Information, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal.
If you believe there are errors in our records about you, we will be happy to investigate and correct any inaccuracies.
10. Contact Us